Are you looking for a way to keep your home or office cool, without having to install a central cooling system? Ductless mini split AC systems might be the answer for your Tampa, FL building. These smaller units are suitable for cooling homes, apartments, conference rooms and more. What’s even better is the fact that they’re portable, so you can take them with you if you move to a different location.
Like traditional air conditioner systems, these units have both an indoor and outdoor component, but they’re much smaller. Together, the indoor and outdoor components work to keep your space cool throughout the hot Florida summers.
Advantages of ductless mini split AC systems
Here’s a closer look at some of the reasons you might install a ductless mini split system in your home:
- Smaller size: Your ductless mini split AC system is much more compact than a traditional air conditioner, and doesn’t require ductwork to cool off your entire home. They have up to four different indoor units, which can be moved around your home or business to create “zones.” Each zone has its own thermostat, so you can change the temperature in different areas of the building.
- Energy efficient: Ductwork is essential for traditional air conditioners, but it also accounts for up to 30 percent of energy loss. That is, if your ducts are leaking, the cool air will escape through the ducts rather than being sent into your home. Since mini split units don’t use ductwork to distribute the cooled air, you’ll enjoy better energy efficiency—and lower utility bills.
- Easy to install: Since there’s no ductwork involved, mini split systems only require a three-inch-wide hole in the wall of your building. There are different conduit lengths available, too, so you can install the outdoor unit as far as 50 feet away from your building.
- Cost-effective: In addition to saving on your utility bills thanks to their efficiency, ductless mini split systems allow you to only cool the areas you want. If you’re not in a room, you won’t waste electricity cooling it down. This also allows people to customize the room temperature based on their specific needs.
- Flexible installation: The indoor units are only about seven inches deep, which makes them easy to install and decorate around. They can be hung from the wall or ceiling, or placed on the floor. You’ll be able to choose an unobtrusive area to install them, which gives you more design options than you might have with window units.
- Quiet: Today’s modern mini splits are a lot quieter than their predecessors, and not much louder than a regular fan. Since the condenser and compressor are outdoors, you can enjoy peace, quiet and air conditioning.
- Better for home security: Finally, mini split systems are great for home security. Instead of cutting large holes in your exterior walls, these use just one three-inch-wide hole for the conduit. That ensures your home is safer from enterprising thieves.
To install your own ductless mini split AC system in Tampa, FL, call Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Ductless Mini Split