Five Signs You Need to Invest in New Ductwork Installation in Tampa, FL
From beneficial home improvements to keeping up on preventative maintenance, there is a lot that homeowners can do themselves, but sometimes the best option is to call a professional. For instance, major HVAC and ductwork service should be performed only by someone with the skills, knowledge and tools for the job. Otherwise, you risk making a problem worse and cost more to fix.
If your home’s temperature is noticeably less comfortable, don’t assume that the issue is with your heating and air conditioning equipment itself. Your ductwork—the component of your HVAC system that delivers air to different rooms—might be the culprit. Below are five signs you should consider new ductwork installation in Tampa, FL:
- Inefficient heating or cooling: One of the most obvious signs that your ductwork needs looking at is if you notice the temperature in one or more rooms doesn’t match up with the comfort level in the rest of the house. Other rooms will feel comfy and right while others will not. What could be causing uneven temperatures may be leaks or obstructions in the ductwork itself. Another possibility is you have the wrong size ducts for the size of your home—this is pretty common in older homes that still have their original ductwork.
- High energy bills: Improper heating or cooling airflow through your home can cause HVAC equipment to work overtime. This happens when you’re constantly turning up the thermostat in an effort to cool or heat your living space to a comfortable temperature, but the change is only ever minimal. The result of this is higher energy bills. Schedule a time to have a professional inspect your HVAC system.
- Poor indoor air quality: Airflow problems inside your home can mean your HVAC and your ductwork are not a good fit for each other. This can lead to poor indoor air quality. Airborne debris like dust, mold and bacteria can grow and accumulate and spread throughout the ductwork, and blowers and air handlers can become exposed to moisture. If the air blowing out of your vents has an unpleasant smell or you can see or taste dust and other types of debris in the air, your ductwork is either dirty or no longer able to function as it should. You should have your ducts cleaned or replaced.
- Excessive noise: Loud ductwork is not typically normal. Vibrating, whistling and rattling coming from your air ducts may indicate your ductwork is damaged or dirty. These sounds can point to a few problems, such as loose sections of ductwork or hardware, holes in ducts or unbalanced ductwork due to a buildup of dust, debris or even pests. Figuring out the cause of the noise can help you decide whether ductwork replacement may be the best solution.
- Age: On average, the ductwork in most homes lasts between 10 and 15 years before problems start to present. If your ducts are more than 15 years old, consider having them replaced to avoid major issues in the future.
Call Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. today for more information about HVAC repairs and maintenance or ductwork installation in Tampa, FL!
Categorised in: Ductwork Installation