Tampa may be warmer than most of the other parts of the United States during the winter months, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t get pretty cool here overnight at times. You’re going to want to make sure your furnace is working smoothly this fall so that you can be prepared for the chilliest days this winter, when you’ll need to be able to rely on it.
With this in mind, here are a few tips regarding furnace repair in Tampa, FL that can help you make your furnace run much more efficiently:
· Know when to replace the unit: There comes a certain point when a furnace has outlived its useful life. If it already has a whole bunch of years of usage behind it and has been needing repairs more frequently than it once did, then it may be time for you to look into a replacement. This is a great opportunity to get a unit that is more energy efficient and will cut down how much you have to spend on your energy bills each month.
· Use your thermostat properly: Programmable thermostats are great for giving you complete control over the temperature of your home, no matter where you’re at. You can schedule the temperature to be lower while you’re away or at work to help you save a bit of money on your heating costs. You can also set it to a specific temperature at night, depending on whether you like it to be warmer or cooler while you sleep.
· Keep vents open: It’s a myth that closing up vents will help the furnace run more efficiently. In fact, the heating system has been designed to specifically heat a certain amount of space, so closing up vents actually wastes energy and doesn’t divert the heat to other rooms. Keep all of your vents open at all times.
· Replace the filter: You should get in the habit of replacing your furnace filter every three to six months, either with the changing of each season or at the start of every fall and spring. (You may need to change it more frequently if you have pets in your home.) If you have a dirty air filter, then the airflow through your system is going to be blocked, meaning your system will not run anywhere near as efficiently as it really should.
· Get scheduled maintenance: Work with a furnace repair and maintenance team to have regularly scheduled maintenance performed on your unit. This is one of the best things you can do to extend the usable life of the system and avoid having to replace the furnace any sooner than you absolutely need to. Your maintenance technician will look over all of the components of the furnace and HVAC system and make sure everything is working smoothly.
These are just a few steps you can take to help your furnace run more efficiently throughout the cooler months of fall and winter. For more information about furnace repair in Tampa, FL, contact the team at Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Furnace Repair