Warmer weather is here, and you’re probably wondering if your air conditioning unit is up to the job. Will it be able to handle the heat and humidity in the coming months? You’ve invested a lot in your HVAC system and want to extend its lifespan and ensure it’s working as efficiently as possible.
You likely have plenty of spring cleaning tasks on your plate—one of them should be having the pros check out your air conditioning in Tampa, FL. This preventative maintenance can pay dividends down the line. An AC unit that’s functioning well will keep your family comfortable and keep your energy bills at a reasonable level.
Why get your AC serviced now?
The fact is that during the sweltering summer months, AC repair professionals are extremely busy. That’s because most people don’t bother to think about their air conditioning unit until something goes wrong. Then they’re left to sweat until the next time a technician is available.
This is where it really pays to be proactive. Run your air conditioning once the weather is warm in Tampa, FL to get an idea of how it’s performing. Here are some AC spring cleaning items to consider:
- Clean or replace AC filters
- Spray the outside unit with a hose to remove any dirt
- Clean and remove any debris or leaves that have collected around the outdoor unit
- Clean the coil and condensate drain
You want to do all this before running the air conditioning. This way you can ensure that a lack of cleanliness isn’t contributing to any possible problems.
Bring in the pros
If you notice any issues with the AC—from strange sounds to odd smells to insufficient power—it’s time to bring in the professionals. Don’t let a small problem now grow into a big problem later. This is the time to make sure that your air conditioner is in the best condition possible before the intense heat and humidity hit.
Besides this, it’s a good practice to have an HVAC technician come at least once a year to perform an inspection. They’ll do all of the following:
- Check the wiring and connections associated with the unit
- Ensure the thermostat is reading the temperature properly
- Check the ducts for air loss and seal any leaks
- Clean all parts of the AC unit and remove debris as needed
- Monitor the air conditioner’s electrical load
- Review refrigerant levels and make any necessary adjustments
- Clean the drain lines, condenser coils and housing
- Check the compressor unit for signs of wear and tear or damage
Whenever you need your AC system to have a professional checkup in Tampa, FL, turn to Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. Our company is a family owned and operated HVAC contractor that provides a wide range of services to the community. We are the highest rated Trane comfort specialists in town, which means we meet Trane’s stringent standards in service as well as customer satisfaction. Give us a call today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: AC Tune-Up