Though they’re built to last for many years, your trusty heater and air conditioner won’t live forever. There will come a day when it’s time to replace your unit with a brand-new one. The good news is that heaters and ACs typically don’t just stop working out of the blue—there are usually many signs that your unit is on its way out and it’s time to buy a new one. Keep reading to learn a few of those signs:
- Your unit stopped working: Your HVAC system serves you well day in and day out. Regardless of the weather outside, the inside of your house is always set at a comfortable temperature—that is, until it finally kicks the bucket. The best sign that it’s time to replace your system is when it quits working and your HVAC contractor in Tampa, FL can’t get it to function properly after trying to repair it.
- It needs constant repairs: The chances that your heater or AC just completely stops working one day and needs to be replaced are fairly slim. You’ll most likely have to make several calls to a technician to fix various issues before your unit gives out completely. As you’ll find out, constantly calling for repairs gets frustrating, especially if the HVAC technician is booked up and you have to wait several days for him to fix it.
- The repairs are getting more expensive: Odds are, all of these repairs are going to get more and more expensive as time goes on. The price problem compounds when your contractor has to start ordering new parts instead of just fixing minor things. If you do the math, the amount you pay for repairs each year could far outweigh the cost of replacing your system today. Do a little research to see how affordable a new HVAC system is compared to what you pay your technician each time he visits.
- Old age: If it’s well cared for, your HVAC system can last for 20 years or so, but towards the end of its life, you’ll start seeing more and more of the problems mentioned above. If you’ve had your HVAC system for a few decades, it may be time to replace it with a brand-new, energy-efficient model.
- You’d like to save money: Speaking of energy efficiency, that’s exactly what you’ll get when you buy a new HVAC system! Units nowadays have to comply with stricter environmental regulations, meaning they use less energy and you pay less for your monthly heating and cooling bill. Sure, there is a fairly large upfront cost for a new heater or AC, but you can save hundreds of dollars throughout the year on your energy bills.
If you’re ready to replace that old heater or air conditioner, pick up the phone and give Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. a call. We work on top-of-the-line units made by the best manufacturers in the business, and as a premier HVAC contractor in Tampa, FL, we also offer a wide variety of services to meet all of your HVAC needs. Get in touch today to learn more!
Categorised in: HVAC Contractor