When you need a new heating and cooling system installation or routine HVAC repair services, don’t just hire the first company that pops up on your computer screen. Finding the right HVAC contractor for the job is an important step that requires a bit of legwork and time on your part. While this can be a daunting process, it’s worth it to ensure you’re working with an HVAC company that cares about quality work and customer satisfaction. The right choice will not sell you a junk unit or tack on surprise fees at the end—they will be reliable and honest.
HVAC repair, maintenance and installation costs money, so make sure it’s done right the first time by picking a great contractor. Here are some tips for choosing and hiring the right HVAC contractor in Tampa, FL for your needs:
- Get recommendations: Whether you are searching for HVAC repair, installation or maintenance services, you should reach out to people you know and trust for personal recommendations. Asking family members and friends living in your local area is a great start, but don’t rule out your connections on social media. Even a simple “looking for recommendations” post on Facebook can yield helpful responses.
- Do your research: The Internet is full of information on home improvement companies, which is wonderful because you want to hire a contractor that carries a good reputation for customer service and quality workmanship. Do your homework—look up local HVAC companies on business review sites and check ratings and comments from past customers on the Better Business Bureau’s website. Aside from looking at business web pages, you can also search their social media pages to find out what’s going on with them currently.
- Look for certified technicians: To protect your family and property, you need to know who you are letting into your home. Never select an HVAC company whose technicians are not licensed, insured, bonded, drug tested or background checked by the business. Keep in mind that HVAC companies are required by law to display their license number on their website and marketing materials, as well as post this information in their office for the public to see.
- Schedule an evaluation: The only way a contractor will know the measurements or condition of your HVAC system is by visiting your home to inspect it. Only then will they be able to recommend the size and type of unit for your home’s needs. Don’t hire an HVAC company that does not send out a certified technician to perform a thorough evaluation.
- Get quotes and compare: You want to have a written estimate in your possession before any work begins. That being said, once you’ve invested some time into researching local HVAC companies and maybe even had a few evaluations done, it’s wise to get quotes from a few possible providers. Once you have those quotes or estimates in hand, you can compare them to each other.
When the time comes for heating and cooling repair, maintenance or replacement, contact Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. We can set you up with a knowledgeable HVAC contractor in Tampa, FL today!
Categorised in: HVAC Contractor