Running your air conditioning is often the only way to stay cool during the summer months. However, you can’t just turn on your AC and expect it to work as it should. Central AC units are complex systems that require professional AC maintenance in Tampa, FL to perform at their best. This post will cover a few of the reasons why scheduling seasonal maintenance is so crucial:
- Prevent breakdowns: The top reason to call a pro for maintenance is to avoid a mid-season breakdown. During the routine maintenance visit, your professional will clean your entire system, fine-tune all components and replace any necessary parts. The technician will also ensure the system is well-oiled and ready to cool your home throughout the season. Together, all of these steps will prevent any mishaps with the unit during the summer.
- Prolong lifespan: You want your AC system to last as long as possible—after all, air conditioners aren’t exactly cheap. Having a professional tune-up each spring is the easiest way to extend your system’s lifespan. In fact, ACs that are properly maintained can last up to 15 years without needing replacement.
- Improve energy efficiency: Running your AC day and night all summer long will never be free, but it can be a lot less costly if you schedule maintenance every spring. Depending on your unit’s age and current energy efficiency, you may be able to save hundreds of dollars throughout the year by calling a pro for an occasional tune-up!
Signs your system needs professional maintenance
If there’s any good news, it’s that knowing when to schedule professional AC maintenance in Tampa, FL isn’t a guessing game. Here are the top signs you need to call a pro:
- Seasonality: Looking at the calendar is the easiest way to tell if it’s time for AC maintenance. For optimal efficiency, professional tune-ups should be scheduled each spring, right before the summer, when ACs get the most use. Additionally, you should schedule furnace maintenance in the fall before turning the heat on in the winter.
- Hot spots: Ideally, your AC system will cool your home evenly. Each room should be at the same temperature when the AC is running. However, that might not be the case if your AC hasn’t been maintained. If some rooms are warmer than others, there’s likely a problem with a component in your system that needs to be tuned-up or replaced. A quick inspection by your HVAC technician will determine the root of the problem.
- Rising energy bills: We mentioned above how scheduling a maintenance call can save you money on your monthly bills. Keep an eye on your costs each month. If your bill seems to be increasing, there’s a good chance your system needs a tune-up. Along with cleaning out your system—which helps with energy efficiency—a maintenance appointment will identify any problem components that may be leading to your rising bills.
Summer heat is quickly setting in. Avoid the need for costly repairs and other problems by scheduling AC maintenance in Tampa, FL today. A professional tune-up by one of our technicians at Kenny’s Air Conditioning & Heating Services, Inc. will help ensure a fully-functional and energy-efficient AC unit.
Categorised in: AC Tune-Up